Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Kidical Mass DC: The ABC's Of Family Biking

This Saturday (4/21/12), a group called Kidical Mass is teaming up with DDOT and WABA to put on the ABC's of Family Biking.

This free event, the first of its kind in the Greater Washington area, will celebrate the joy of biking with children and introduce local families to the tools, skills and equipment that can help them start biking together. 
This event appeals to me as I have a family and we're often found biking. I'll be the one drooling over the Belgian cargo bikes.

Saturday, April 21st from 11am – 2pm at Capitol Hill Montessori at Logan

On the family biking front I met this dude, (hand and shin are shown below) who came up with a pretty cool solution for his daughter's foot rests on his Kona Ute. He uses static line to make stirrups. This seams like it would give a passenger piles of leverage. I'm also digging the flipped up drop bars, well played dude at Whole Foods whose name I forgot.
On the anything bike related front, I spied this Bone Shaker in an old barn and took a picture of it. That's pretty much all that happened.


I'm as Tuesday as hell, and I'm not gonna take it anymore!

No comments: