Thursday, April 15, 2010

Pink Floyd Thursday


So I was held up in my house with a stomach virus for the weekend and needless to say I watched my fair share of television. Most of it was garbage but there were a few jems. The highlight I think was watching "Which One's Pink?"  A documentary focusing on the band members. This got me listening to Pink Floyd quite a bit this week. I even broke out my "Live from Pompeii" DVD the other night. Anyway I think all this floyd deserves a blog post.



Here's Live From Pompeii in it's entirety. The music starts at 3:36





Long you live and high you fly
And smiles you'll give and tears you'll cry
And all you touch and all you see
Is all your life will ever be.





I just thought this was kind of cool.



Here is a slice of "Making of The Dark Side of the Moon"


This kind of blew my mind the listen to the band discuss in great detail all the layers of complexity that went into every song from that album. If you do a search on youtube you can find the rest of the documentary.

I can't really put any other band in the same category as Pink Floyd. To have so much material that seems like so much more than good music is extraordinary.

1 comment:

Adi said...

Loved the article. Hope you are feeling better now :)