Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Washington DC Needs A Tweed Ride (I Think)

What the hell DC? Where's your tweed? I keep seeing tweed rides advertised in other cities and I am getting a little jealous. I have a Brooks B17 Special on my nekkid LHT and an easily "handlebarred" mustache and no place to showcase the them. If you google Tweed Ride you'll see all these great photos and flyers of retro'd out 'tweedsters' having fun and NONE OF THEM ARE IN DC*. Are SanFran and Portland the only places where such veloshenanigans thrive?

Maybe I'm way off but I think there are a good number of people out there who would give the idea of a Washington DC Tweed Ride the ole' how's yer father. Am I right? Anyone?

*Here is where I stipulate that if there are indeed tweed rides going on in DC and I am just severely out of the loop (highly probable) than I apologize and beg your pardon and invitation to said event.


Have a dashing Tuesday ole' chap


UPDATE:
Here is teh follow up post from the November 15th 2009 DC Tweed Ride.


11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Agreed; I would love to participate in a tweed ride here. The weather is getting cooler, and I have the clothes (somewhere in the closet), but I'm afraid my folding bike is a bit too "mod" for a tweed ride. Hmmm.

Jen said...

The very fact that this exists at all makes me so happy.

Anonymous said...

I agree with Jen.
I'm thrilled that this exists.

Evie said...

DC is more likely to have a black-suit-and-tie ride, but a tweed ride would be a lovely event indeed. Perhaps you should pitch the idea to WABA -- after all, they did organize a Bike Prom last year...

MELI. said...

thatd be awesome! the rides are super, colin
(from SFtweed) has done a job well done putting these together ;)
cheers from SF <3 meli

FlyFixie said...

I'm in. When should we do it? October is the start of tweed weather in these parts.

Catherine said...

I'd be in! I've been having my own private tweed ride around Old Town and on my commute to Capitol Hill (on the cooler days of course) anyway :)

dc dirtbag said...

I feel the need to do the deed of riding my steed, through the weeds, while you lead, dressed in tweed, and a necklace of beads.

Anonymous said...

Hey! You should all carpool up to Philly for our Fall Tweed Ride! It will be November 7th with a start time of 12pm (convenient for out-of-towners!). For more info check out TweedRide.phillyfixed.com!! XOXO

spiff1 said...

One is on the way. real soon.

MDQ said...

D.C. first tweed ride is set for November 15, 2009!

Take a look at the FB invite:

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=167582334462&ref=ts