Thursday, June 26, 2008

Cycle Jerk In NYC

Over the weekend my wife and I took a trip up to the New York area to visit family and get a few things done in the city. In between "things", I found 2 hours to myself to ride in Manhattan. I was looking forward to this all week as biking in a different city is like having an affair without having to worry about lying or STDs. Before this however, my wife who is 8.5 months pregnant was determined to have a good New York deli experience for lunch (before my ride). Not one to argue with a pregnant woman I accompanied her to an establishment that only sold food items as big or bigger than a human head.

Not the ideal pre-ride meal

Not knowing the city very well and nursing a stomach full of pastrami and corned beef I drifted towards Central Park. I had never ridden in the park and was amazed at how easily I could move through it given the kagillions of folks who had joined me.

Saturday was a beautiful day, perfect for quiet repose, a pick up game of almost any sport, or watching senior citizens cavort around a bowling green.

Remember, the urban sombrero is only a viable accessory when observing affluent non physical "sporting" events that your are ashamed to been seen observing.

I ended my NYC day spotting this fancy "rickshaw of tomorrow". The future is bright indeed my friends, and filled with extraneous plastic parts.



2 comments:

Fat Lad said...

We're there in September for a few days..... and we're taking the bikes :)

Can't wait!

Fat Lad

Cycle Jerk said...

Nice! I bet Central Park is great in the autumn.