Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Morel Mushrooms 2011

I've been taking a little break from blogging for a few weeks to rest my brain among other things. I am back with a spring post about one of the many things I geek on. Morel mushroom season is coming to an end here in the mid-atlantic and I give this season a big thumbs up.

It's quite ugly but very tasty... #TWSS




Normally I find a handful of morels about the size of my pinky but this year while on a lunchtime walk from my office I lucked into a hillside of huge grey and yellow morels and a few small blacks. They were so big I had to return to the office with a shirt full and spent the rest of the day with morel spore prints all over my banjo brothers t-shirt.  **highly professional**  



The geek part is that I'm attending tonight's MAW Spring Wild Food Tasting. Last year it was a lot of fun and I learned a lot about what it edible in our area, also my chicken of the woods curry went over pretty well so I thought I'd check it out again this year. 


2 comments:

Jen said...

Holy shit! Don't tell Andy.

Anonymous said...

You kiss your mother with the mouth that eats that?