Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Tail Light Back Pack Hack

So I have a theory about the cyclical nature of lost gear and cycling. The idea is that the gear you loose on the trail has a way of coming back around to you in a new form. Example: if you loose a tail light you will eventually find another tail light or a pair of cycling glasses if you ride enough. This theory came about after loosing one too many tail lights and finding a few.

Last night in hopes to break the cycle I made an enhancement to my Deuter AC Lite 25 back pack that should stop the tail light from falling off.

I punched two grommets through the fabric of the back pack and ran a zip tie through and around the clip of my tail light. I tightened the zip tie as much as I could and now the light isn't going anywhere. The grommets are through the top flap of the pack so there are no holes in the main compartment.


I got the grommet kit from Home Depot. The kit is made for tarps and vinyl but easily worked on the heavy canvas of my pack. Included in the kit was a hole punch which was useless on fabric so I just cut a very small X with and exacto knife and punched the grommet through.


I got the idea for this from a blog I read last year but for the life of me I can't remember which one.

Say "Back Pack Hack" out loud, right now.

Tuesday, I wish I could quit you...




No comments: