Friday, May 16, 2008

Bike To Work Day - Bethesda 2008

Although it was raining there was a pretty good turnout in both Silver Spring and Bethesda this morning. In Silver Spring the festivities even included a group of local high school cheerleaders. I joined a group ride to Bethesda from the Discovery Channel HQ and was pleasantly surprised by the percentage of people on the ride who are new to bike commuting. And here I thought it was going to be a bunch of regular commuters who happened to be in the area. I guess that means the day was a success.

Lots of prizes and gifts were given out in Bethesda so I thought I would hand out a few CycleJerk Honorable Mentions:

Oldest "U" Lock


Most Industrious Chain Tensioner

Most Color Coordinated Fixie

Loudest Striped Girly Fixie in the Schwinn Category



No comments: