Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Good Thing The IT Guy Is A Cyclist

On morning's like this when the DC humidity is justifying it's infamy, I'm thankful that the IT guy is a cyclist. A fellow sufferer who took pity on me and offered up one of the industrial back-up fans from the server room to cool my man parts.


For 5 years I've been the only cyclist in my office of about 40 people. The only one on the receiving end of barrage of weekly questions about how crazy it must be to bike into work.  We recently had a round of hiring and now we have a 4 man team and weekly training rides. My company is awesomely sponsoring us so I designed some jerseys and sent them off to Giordana for printing. We're doing the Seagull Century in October witch should be pretty fun.

Motivation is a good thing.

3 comments:

Chris said...

I'm surprised you're allowed to keep your bike by your desk like that. I'm the only one who's allowed to that at my work, and that's because I ride a Montague folding bike - fits under the desk.

Cycle Jerk said...

In contrast, my bike is over 7 feet long. ;)

babble on said...

Just discovered you, thanks to his Snobbiness. This is great! Thanks for enriching the blogosphere.

I, too, have gone from being the only person in a 40 person office who velo-commutes to being one of a few. There are twenty of us on the office's team sponsored MS ride this weekend, too.

People are starting to switch on. It's been a loooooooong time coming, hasn't it?