Thursday, June 24, 2010

Layin' Down Some Beets - OR - Channeling Dwight Schrute


I harvested my beets last night and ended up with enough for the veggie course in a dinner for two. This was my first time growing beets and I think they came out pretty well. I planted the seeds as soon as the Snowpocalypse melted. They aren't that big and I'm sure it's my fault. I let my daughter disperse the seeds so they came up in a cluster that was packed way too tight. Many of the beets grew right up against their neighbors which made them smaller and flat on one side. I didn't do any research on what kind of soil they like either. They were delicious none the less and I'll try again next year for sure. Maybe by then the little one will be able to plant nice rows by then, although that's hardly the point. 


No comments: