Friday, December 5, 2008

Slacking And Riding

So I have been slacking this week (and last) in the blog department. A heavy workload and all the new responsibilities of new fatherdom have taken a toll on the "do whatever I want" portion of the day. Which is usually filled with thinking and bloging about the how kick ass bikes are. 


That said much about my last post is the same as todays. I am going to crush Rosaryville this weekend again. This trail (cut by WABA I believe) is a very fast non technical single track loop that spans about 10 miles. Lots of slaloms, burms, pumps and good drainage make is a pretty sweet ride no matter the temperature.  I guess the only difference between last weeks ride and this one is this week I will have this in my head...
 


That being in my head for an entire ride will make beer drinking a moral imperative. I already have my heart set on Bells Two Hearted Ale. If you haven't tried Bells go buy some and drink it.


This concludes the "do whatever I want" portion of the week.

Have a ridiculously good weekend...

UPDATE:
Friday at lunch I got a flu chot which made fel like crap all weekend, thus ending my ride before it began. I should change the title of this post to just "Slacking".



3 comments:

Blue-eyed Devil said...

Rosaryville was built under the guidance of Rich Edwards, trail-building guru at IMBA. WABA's goals are aimed at improving and encouraging cycling in and around the city/suburbs (DC).

Both organizations work hard to make cyclists safe, happy, and well represented, and both deserve our support.

Cycle Jerk said...

My bad, thanks for the correction. I remember talking to Rich in the parking lot after my first ride there. Nice guy, I was digging his enthusiasm.

Bike Hermit said...

Hey, I saw Red Fang at the Neurolux in Boise a couple weeks ago. Good and very, very loud!