Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Weakening Outrage

I felt something this morning that I haven't fell in a long time. Optimism. A crack in the armor I have built up over the last eight years. I couldn't quite figure out what the feeling was until it came to me on my ride in. I have harbored a general feeling of outrage for so long that I mistook it for the norm. This baggage has been a heavy burden that until now I couldn't  grasp the true weight of. 

I know Obama isn't going to solve all our problems. To me he is more of a symbol that reason, logic, and patience have returned to our country.
"The future is unwritten..."
                          - Joe Strummer



3 comments:

Freewheel said...

Cute! The future is looking brighter.

Unknown said...

"I know Obama isn't going to solve all our problems. To me he is more of a symbol that reason, logic, and patience have returned to our country."

exactly. so many people make it out like obama is a godsend; like he's the best thing since penicillin. i think, perhaps, that everyone is feeling what you're feeling but they're just not as good at communication as you are. ;)

Cycle Jerk said...

If only I could spell. ;)