Friday, April 18, 2008

Fear and Loathing in Sedona

Back from a stellar week in Sedona Arizona. A town full of incredible geologic formations, red dirt, kick ass mountain biking trails and a bunch of people like this, and this. I managed to break away from the daily spiritual enemas and the naked chakra braiding to have a little ride. I hopped over to the local bike shop and rented a Turner Flux and headed for the Templeton trail.

Having cracked the screen on my previous camera it has become a permanent resident of my camelback and can still take a pretty good pic.


The Turner handled well and was light enough, I wouldn't kick it out of bed for eatin' crackers. However, at the mid point of my out and back ride the chain snapped. Maybe the chain was too short, or maybe it was caught in a micro vortex of negative energy, this is another of life's great riddles which I am not meant to solve. Happily, another permanent resident of my camelback is a Park Chain Tool and a variety of extra chain links. A quick chain fix saved me from an afternoon of walking and dehydration.

Crisis Averted

There were a few sections there where I had to do some walking, I ain't too proud. Fast and flowing with lots of berms and jumps to get the heart pumping and a technical made this one of my better rides.

kick ass switchbacks!

Having been to Moab a few times I'm familiar with southwest riding but there is something pretty unique about Sedona. Maybe it's the laid back atmosphere, or the abundance of wildlife, or the positive attitude towards all things recreational, the bright green junipers against the deep red rocks, or perhaps it was the Ion Charging High Colonic Spiritual Irrigation Colon Cleansing Chrystal Energy Puffs I had for breakfast that morning. Another riddle left unsolved.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love making bicycle practice on exciting switchbacks like your foto!
Nice job!